Time for another mango recipe. Actually today I’ll be sharing two recipes: my aunt Toty’s mango marmalade recipe and a pancake batter I made using it.
Toty’s Mango Marmalade:
- Slice and peel mango.
- Cook slices in water on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- In a blender puree mangos and water.
- Place puree back in pot and cook on low heat.
- Add sugar as needed for desired sweetness.
This marmalade is to die for! So good, and so many ways to eat it! You can pour it over a scoop of ice cream to make a sundae, you can pour some into your yogurt, use it for smoothies, use it for baking, the possibilities are endless. One of my favorite ways to eat it though is with cream cheese. Oh so good!
Mango Marmalade Pancakes:
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup mango marmalade
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pour your dry ingredients in one bowl and mix the wet ingredients in another.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until its combined well.
- Grease and heat up your pan to medium heat.
- Pour in about 3 tbsp. of batter and let it cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
For the toddlers I served it just as is because the marmalade in the batter is sweet enough, but for an extra mango touch you can drizzle a little more marmalade on the top. SO GOOD!